Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jr High Mission Trip Journal: Learning Lessons

June 20, 2010

7:52 am: DFW airport, flight 1361: So far I have learned that everyone else packed their bedding and clothes on a truck that is headed to CO. I was told:

#1 one small duffle

#2 pack bedding.

I have, for a week, a pair of underwear and a Barbie pillow.

3:00 pm: Sitting in my bunk: Ahh… Jr High – it’s like riding a bike… I’ve learned: I’m still awkward, unsure and unpopular.

10:49 pm: Back in my bunk: Stephen spoke on strength; how much strength is required to be silently strong – appearing weak to the onlooker – typically the one we want to act/be the most bad-bottom in front of. It reminded me of the saying ‘walk softly with a big stick’. It also reminded me of the Karate Kid. It reminded me that I’m not really very good at this. Oh, I can walk softly, and I’m quite cute with the stick – I twirl it like yester-years rodeo princess baton queen – and the minute I need to make a point I wield it like Jackie Chan on red bull – 10 people dead, singlehandedly, but it was a very righteous beating, as I offered several chances for the meeting of my sanctified approval.

So, now I’ll have a nightmare.

Great.

Worship was awesome! These kids could teach their parents a thing or two – WHACK – where’s my red bull??

Stinking early call – reforestation – I feel so noble and green and eco-y.

Goodnight Mudda –

kate

No comments:

Post a Comment