Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Jr High Mission Trip Journal: Learning Lessons

June 23, 2010

6:54 am: in bunk: People have risen from the dead. Good news. But even BETTER news is that our Mr Potty up at the worksite gets replaced with a fresh and new one. Now THAT’s happy day – I’m going to have TWO cups of coffee this morning!!!

7:57 pm: just finished worship: Tonight we sat outside in a little amphitheater with multitudinous Aspen and Pine encircling us. We sang Indescribable, Beautiful One, No Rock, and a couple of others, and I thought of my BFF.

Karen is always moved by nature. She is a sunset chaser, a cloud gazer, a tree wonderer and a sky marvel-or. For as long as I’ve known her she has been this way. She works some aspect of nature into nearly every prayer and can often find the answer to life’s little idiot riddles by stopping to look up or out.

As I was pounding out Indescribable I saw what Karen sees.

I was looking around at the forest of Aspens, whose leaves were shimmering like silver dollars. It was very clear they were applauding the last breath of daylight and coming of sunset. And I wondered what bit of God were we getting a peek into as we sat in His sanctuary.

I am so grateful for what God has shared with me.

I’m going to go back up to that spot to touch the Aspen in my reach until the sun dips under the horizon.

I’m going to listen for God – and He is going to hear me say ‘thank you’.

Goodnight Mudda

No comments:

Post a Comment