Thursday, June 10, 2010

monohomo

6.10.2010

I’m having fun playing out again- outside ‘the church’.

There’s something about connecting with people in that way, that is very satisfying.

While I play, people drink, laugh, listen close - connecting to the lyrics, and hoping to score resolve if it’s offered, maybe even a gust into an answer to a question they’ve been asking too.

The listener and me walking up to the line hoping - expectant for some sort of exchange, dare I say deliverance?

I’m not promoting Kate as Oracle here… I’m just ok with asking questions and looking stupid. (that I’ve chosen to do that out loud and onstage is a topic for another time)

They take the ride with me.

Captured, weightless and silly – caught unawares.

They are willing.

I am willing.

We are willing participants in something that is nearly unidentifiable and entirely intangible.

And that is what I most miss about ‘the church’.

A lack of willing.

Anemic will.

The lack of desire to grope for will.

A want for will.

monohomo

And it’s not every one that comes to church, or any one denomination.

It’s just what I see sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment