Monday, June 21, 2010

Jr High Mission Trip Journal: Learning Lessons

June 21, 2010

6:05 am: In bunk – asleep: It can NOT be time to get up. I had weird WEIRD dreams – the bunkhouse blew up because the pink and white balloons I brought, caught on fire from the heater. Everyone got out safely and we watched the walls collapse – only they weren’t the bunkhouse walls it was something like the Roman Coliseum. But then I ended up in a penthouse somewhere, so it was ok.

Do you think there’s coffee somewhere?

4:11 pm: in bunk- dead: but I’ll tell you whut! That 2012-S Storm Chipper will slurp a 14” in diameter pine tree like it’s melted ice cream! Unreal.

Do you remember the Haymen Burn, 2002 – CO? That’s where we are reforesting. And you know what the coolest thing is – without human intervention it would take the forest 8,000 years to get back to where it was. Because of human intervention it should only take 300-400 years.

Here’s what rocks: there are people in the world that aren’t looking to be known, seen, applauded, mentioned – even thanked: it is as simple as : there is a need, and I’ve got me : the whole ‘ask not’ approach.

I am not one of them, but I would like to try. I really would. I would like to be way way way more active in taking care of this planet and it creatures. But GOD FORBID I get caught caring about a whale, or protest the use of foreign oil or 1,000 other things. I need to not care, and just do it.

What are three things I can do to begin to effect a change in my mindset, my kid’s mindset? How do I start living with set on the intention of protecting God’s artistry?

I’m so tired – I have no idea what I’m saying – but I hear my heart, and my eyes have seen!

I want to be a better human.

8:46 pm: in bunk- sleep soon: Tova was so good tonight. And I find it frightening and amazing that she can be speaking to the Jr Highers, and I’m on the edge of my seat hoping she’ll cure me too! The long and the short of it is that she encouraged everyone to look in a mirror and face yourself. Who are you. What are your gifts. What are the lies you are buying into from friends/loves/parents/society that are keeping you from being you : YOU, the fearfully and wonderfully made beauty!

The whole thing fits in with my New Human stategy.

I’m going to eat a fist full of milk duds & read Grisham by flashlight.

I have wood chips coming out my tear ducts… just, by the way.

Goodnight Mudda –

No comments:

Post a Comment